Monday, June 22, 2009

Bvlgari Aqva



In the genre of aquatics, Bvlgari Aqva is a horse of a different color.

I am tempted almost to classify it as an oriental due to how thick it is. This is the most robust aquatic scent I've smelled. Perhaps more fitting as an evening scent, though I used to wear Aqva during the day as girls gave me compliments.

My problem with it is that it is too much. Too crowded. Aqva has intense marine notes against floral and fruity notes and spicy pepper notes and an amber/sage base. The marine is very interesting - it is salty and sour, the way these kinds of scents SHOULD smell. But some days I love the way the notes work with the floral and base notes, and other days I hate it.

Aqva, interestingly, is a moody fragrance. Most aquatics are light and fresh - this is somewhat fresh but a dark character. It is well suited to rainy days in summer, especially in Japan. But you could wear it anytime. As far as its babe-factor, all of my girl friends love it. It stands to reason, I suppose, given the Twilight Edward Cullen obsession.

Bvlgari Aqva's staying power is solid. Lasts a good 6 to 8 hours.

It can be found cheap at online retailers, which is another plus.

If I had to relate it to a song, it'd be Chopin's Ocean Etude in the video above. Throw this on your ipod and take a walk on a rainy midnight, wearing three good sprays of Aqva and perhaps a peacoat. Listen, breathe, experience the beautiful surreal effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment